Dairy Business Conference and Gala
Celebrate Dairy Gala
Get Registered for 2013 Expo:
Contact Kathy at (218) 236-8420
Celebrate Dairy Gala
November 14 - 15, 2012
Grand Falls Casino Resort, Larchwood, IA
Come and celebrate dairy with us! Bring your fancy pants and heels and dance to the oldies. Taste the dairy desserts in our recipe contest and score a winner. Watch dairy processors try their skills at putting together an ice cream dessert in 15 minutes. Look for an item to bid on in the live and silent auctions. Be part of the fun!!
Schedule of Events:
- Wednesday, Nov 14
- 1 pm – Workshop I: “How to achieve single digit silage shrink loss and reduce silage feeding costs.” -- Keith K. Bolson, professor emeritus, Kansas State University. Sponsored by Mycogen. Learn about four silage management guidelines that will put your dairy on its way to safe and efficient silage program in 2013.
- 3 pm – Workshop II: “Got message? How your opponents persuade consumers and what you can do about it.” -- Wes Jamison, Palm Beach Atlantic University. Sponsored by Grace Mayer Insurance; Van Bruggen & Vande Vegte, PC; and Farm Credit Services of America. Animal rights groups are extremely effective at talking to consumers about agriculture and persuading them that all is not right in the dairy barn. However, you can gain the upper hand if you understand the other sides’ appeals and techniques, and beat them at their own game.
- 4:30 pm – Social
- 5:30 pm – Live auction, banquet & dairy dessert contest. Menu includes a prime rib dinner and a half dozen desserts from professional chefs competing our first dairy dessert contest. Appearance by Betty Thompson, Miss Oklahoma 2011 and Miss America runner up 2011. Sponsored by Farm Credit Services. Dance with Bob and the Beach Combers.
- Thursday, Nov. 15
- 7 am – Breakfast. “Lower capital costs with bond financing.”-- Robbins Taylor III, Vice President of Investment Banking, W.R. Taylor & Company, LLC. Sponsored by W.R. Taylor & Co, LLC. Tax exempt bonds are available to finance many expenditures related to new dairy construction, expansions and acquisitions of existing facilities. W.R. Taylor & Company has completed over 70 dairy financings over the last 10 years. Learn about this financing method and how it may be used to more efficiently finance future projects.
- 8:30 am – Workshop III: “Improving transition cow performance.”--Dr. Gary Oetzel, University of Wisconsin. Sponsored by Boehringer Engelheim Vetmedica. Learn about new research and updates that will improve transition cow health, comfort and performance.
- 10:30 am – Workshop IV: “Strategy is one thing, but execution is everything -- James Western, Execution Consulting. Sponsored by Elanco. The “whirlwind” of urgent activity required to keep things running day-to-day can devour the time and energy needed to executive your strategy for tomorrow! Learn a proven method that makes executing a strategy part of what your team does every day.
- A room block at a special rate is available at the Grand Falls Casino and Resort. Call 712-777-7777 for reservations. Ask for the Dairy Conference and Gala room block. Hotel room rates: $89 for a standard room, $249 for a two-room suite. Block rates will held through Oct. 14.
- Thanks to our Sponsors
- 2012 CPDA Event Sponsors
- Land O’ Lakes Purnia Feed
- Quality Liquid Feeds, Inc.
- Varied Industries Corporation
- Associated Milk Producers, Inc.
- Venture Milling
- AG Sourcing International Ltd.
- Farm Credit Services of America
- Genex Farm Systems
- Greystone Construction
- Midwest Livestock Systems, Inc.
- Stockholm Refrigeration, Inc.
- Business Conference sponsors
- Bel Brands USA (registration & breaks)
- Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica
- Elanco Animal Health
- Farm Credit Services of America,(co-sponsors)
- Gallagher Grace/Mayer Insurance (co-sponsors)
- Van Bruggen & Vande Vegte, PC (co-sponsors)
- Mycogen Seed
- WR Taylor & Co., LLC
- Gala Sponsors
- Alltech (social)
- Bel Brands USA (social)
- First Bank & Trust
- Wieser Concrete
- Veterinary Medical Center
- Multimin USA
- ABS Global
- Valley Queen Cheese (band and dance)
- Agropur (band and dance)
- Lake Norden Cheese (band and dance)
- Farm Credit Services of America (speaker)
- Stewart-Peterson (speaker)
- Great Western Bank
- Auction Sponsors
- ABS Global
- Family Dairies USA
- Prairie Livestock Supply
- Vande Vegte Zomer Auctions
- Midwest Dairy Association